Sunday, March 6, 2011

Can't Stop Party'n

Hello Dearest Framily!
Just finished week 6! Sad to think that the program is more than half over :(


Paris is a huge city. I mean, 12 million people live here. It's crowded, it occasionally smells like lukewarm garbage and if full of questionable people. For example, last Sunday, Madeline and I encountered 5 crazy/ crazy drunk people on our way to church. It was a special day.


I am pretty sure that Madeline and I are the most active people in our small, yet proud, group. We are literally constantly doing something or on our way somewhere. So I thought I would just list some of the things I did this week:

Monday:
I went to the Louvre again for my Art History class. Then a group of us went for a walk by of several of the Embassies near by. Those guards take their job seriously. Dirty looks for direct eye contact. Yelling for taking photographs.
This was the obelisk given to France by King Tut or was it Cleopatra?... or did they steal it?...


A lovely fountain. Paris is full of them


Tuesday:
Madeline, Drew and I went to a Yellow Safety Vest Exhibit. Don't worry, it's exactly what it sounds like. 65 fashion designers were given a yellow florescent work vest and created something out of it. There were dresses, hats, and even underwear. It was pretty cool and I got a free pastry out of it.
Now I can be fashionable and safe all at the same time
Wednesday:
Maddie, Kira and I went on a walk through the Jardin Luxembourg. It was wonderfully sunny and I got a minor sunburn! Success!
Some statue love'n


You are here


Martial Arts in the Park


Oh look! Old men playing chess


Peace my Frenchies


Les petits bateaux
Thursday:
The whole group took a tour of the Pantheon. Underneath is a crypt that plays host to some famous French people such as Voltaire and Rousseau, as well as Mr and Mrs Curie, and Louis Braille.
The Pantheon


Inside the Pantheon of Paris


Mr Curie


Madame Curie


Signature of Mr. Braille


Even Voltaire is smiling. I think I'll smile too
That night, Madeline and I got dressed up and went to see Shakespeare's Les Joyeuses Commères de Windsor or the Jolly Wives of Windsor at the Comedie Francaise. We got last minuet tickets for 5 euro. The theater was incredible, and even though the play was in French, the acting was amazing and extremely fun to watch.


Madeline and I with our fancy pants on


Yeah, we were really high up. But that's what you get for 5 euro


Men's and Women's bathroom together at last


You would never see this in the States in a classy place like a theater
Friday:
A group of us went out to the Sacré-Coeur Cathedral. My jaw always drops when I walk into a cathedral and this was not exception. The outside is beautiful and the inside is just as impressive.
Sacre-Coeur: Pretty impressive


At the Sacre-Coeur


Milk shake with candy cup on top full of marshmallows. So ridiculous I had to have it
That night a family in the ward invited us BYU kids over for dinner. We had fajitas. If I miss anything, it's Mexican food. It was like being at home. We also had crepes with Nutella and salted caramel sauce. Amazing hardly covers it.

Saturday:
Maddie and I and a few others ventured over to the World’s largest flea market called the Les Puces de Saint-Ouen. It has a touristy side, where I bought some new boots, and an antique market that is rather like a museum. Basically, the guidebook that referred us there said to not touch anything... ever. It was good advice.
Antique Chair. I just really liked the pattern.
That night, Maddie and I made ourselves a little dinner, and since we can't do anything half way, we made chocolate covered strawberries. Amen!
Going... Going... Gone

No comments:

Post a Comment