Saturday, April 2, 2011

Just Another Day in the Ves

Day 4: Saint Honoré
I thought today would be just an ordinary day. But with a picnic in hand and camera at the ready, I had a lovely promenade in the park next to my house.

Today I went to one of my favorite bakeries here the Ves, Au Bon Pain du Rond Point. I walked in a stared at the case full of treats until one spoke to me. Lucky for me, today it was Saint Honoré.

This pastry is a 4 in one. It is flaky pastry on the bottom which is filled with custard and topped with caramelized sugar, on top of that is situated 3 cream puffs filled with the same luscious custard and each cream puff is topped with more carameized sugar. The entire thing is then crowned with a generous helping of lightly sweetened whipped cream.

I had no idea what to expect when I chose this little delight, but boy was I surprised. You must try this pastry before you die or your life is incomplete. This is not an exaggeration. Please, do yourself a favor and find yourself a Saint Honoré. Everyone could use a little more holiness in their life.

This is where you should go if you are ever in town
Every bakery I have ever been to wraps up your treat in a little pyramid of paper
Can you see all that caramelized goodness
See all that flaky, custardy, whipped creamy goodness
I am very happy about my purchase
I'm not so coordinated while eating it, but that just makes it taste better
After my picnic I took the opportunity to take some pictures of the spring flowers as I strolled around the park.
Just a little bridge across the pond
I like flowers
Flowers are pretty
Bicycle with a basket, classic
Daffodils have a ton of personality. Don't you think they are just the friendliest flower?
I like flowers a lot
I'm pretty sure Rapunzel was not home, but this is where she lives
Aww, love bicycle shots!
A little family of mushrooms I came across
I thought it was a little weird to see people fishing in this very sketchy pond, but I guess when in France?

No comments:

Post a Comment